Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm Baaack!

 Hey guys! It's been awhile, and for that I am sorry. I had no idea that weddings and Honeymoons were so freaking stressful. I really didn't! But for those wondering, the Honeymoon was amazing. I really did have a lot of fun. I also got to see hubby open up and that was great too. He had so much fun there, and I'm glad that his first time ever going, he went with me. All in all, Disneyworld is magical, and I cannot wait to take my son there for a birthday sometime. 


Now it was perfect timing, for me to find an article that caught my interest this morning! I had been meaning to get a post up before now, but I had to clean the house so that the Carpet Estimate guy could come. ANYWAY.


I have been reading up about Wicca. Her facebook page is here. If you care to read up about her. Now there is a lot of speculation about what happened to this woman who claims to have been bitten. I am really skeptical of the word "bite" because if a dog bites you..You know. You don't just think "Oh I think I've been bitten." It's "Oh man I was bit!" I've been bitten by many dogs, and not once did I "assume" I was bitten, I freaking knew it. But anyway,  This woman claims that Wicca attacked her. 


Wicca is a 5 year old, Spayed American Staffordshire Terrier.  She was on a terrace with her owner, laying down on her leash. The woman didn't notice the dog until it was too late, and when she did she reacted fearfully. The dog, which would obviously have been spooked by the sudden person approaching and then moving with quick motions, reacted by getting up. Witnesses have said that the dog stood and in a panic managed to scratch the woman. Mind you, the first-aid this woman got was Suave with a band-aid.


The owner was served with an immediate death order for the dog, without any sort of evidence that the woman had in fact been bitten. Even the facility that is holding Wicca right now refuses to euthanize her. Not only as she saved her owners life once before, she's also a really good dog. The Shelter refuses to euthanize her on the grounds that she's "a really good dog that doesn't deserve to die."


I give the shelter props for seeing that a dog lacks any aggressive bone in her body, and sticking up for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment