Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Dog Named Justice

I was reading through stories today, seeing if anything caught my eye. I ran across the update for a dog that I had been following for quite a bit. Justice the Pit Bull puppy (They say Lab, I disagree.) was set on fire by a group of teenage boys who apparently had nothing better to do. Doused in lighter fluid, and lit by a cigarette, this pup was burned on over 60 % of his young body. When I first read this story, I was heartbroken. My mind was reeling, trying to figure out how someone would think this is okay.. or that someone would ever WANT to do this. 


People rallied together, trying hard to keep the little soul alive, and to give him the life he deserved. This puppy died as a result of his injuries, only a few hours after being rescued. Justice the pup died, and I hope it wasn't in vain.


As I am reading this update, I find that I am incredibly hopeful for the outcome! It seems that a warrant has been issued for the man who lit the cigarette and threw it at the puppy. Man is actually not even the word for him, this 18-year old should be ashamed of himself. Darius Ewing, police say, was the one who did the final act of lighting the dog on fire.


While I am happy, that someone may come to justice over this story.. I am saddened by the idea that some people might still get away with this. Here's to hoping Ewing does the right thing. I'm hoping he breaks like a twig and gives up all the people who helped him. But seriously, that usually happens in movies.


The video I am linking, is one found on Youtube. This was when they thought he was going to survive. Sadly, the outcome would not be as good as they hoped.


One step at a time,  Justice! You won't have died in vain.

Tomorrow, I plan on doing a story that can bring a smile to your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment