Monday, April 30, 2012

Revelations

 Every day I am reminded why it is I do what I do. Why I feel, the way I feel. I see two kinds of people. The kind who help those that cannot speak, and those that do not care. It's hard to imagine not caring about something I care so deeply about. But I cannot make someone see their errors alone. They have to be willing to accept that which they cannot understand. Just because you don't understand something, or don't like something, doesn't mean you should condemn them all. I've ran into people that hated animals, thinking they all needed to be euthanized because they were just dirty. When someone says that to me, it's like a smack in the face. But it reminds me of exactly why I have this blog, and why I share what I do on my facebook page. Oh yes, this blog isn't the only thing I promote awareness on. I've lost friends because they didn't like what I posted. People angry that I would defend my beliefs. I don't understand anyone being upset that someone has a cause to fight about. Is it because I picked something that they didn't deem worthy? Well that hardly sounds very intelligent, if you ask me.


I decided something today. I even told my fiance' of my future goals. Right now I can do little. Having two dogs of my own, along with my son.. I just don't have the room to do anything about it now. But once my two furry babies pass (as they will live with me their entire lives of course), I plan on fostering. I don't have money to do full out rescues, nor the space. I also couldn't exactly take any animal in, as I have to think of my son's safety.
So I can only do what I have in my power to do.


Dogs that are out of time, and have to find a place to stay until the community (and myself) can get the word out and get them adopted. I am proud to know that I am capable of something to finally help the way I want to. Even if it's a few years away. It's a start, and I heard something today that rang true to me.


"I used to think that someone should do something about this.. And then I realized I am that someone."






What can you do to make your world a better place?

1 comment:

  1. It is quite sad when someone gets upset when we voice our opinions or our feelings because its not what they wanted to hear and they will try to silence us in some way. It happened to me recently, I voiced my opinion and I had someone come to me very upset about my feelings on that particular subject.

    I personally think people should be more open and more receptive to others' opinions and feelings because we and others do mean well, we just want to make sure all and each animals have a fighting chance at living a good life. People needs to open their eyes, let go of their pride and self-conceived notions, and false information that they have been receiving from others.

    Fostering animals are always a wonderful thing! Before I moved here, I used to foster kittens whenever I can. It is a bittersweet experience because we bond with them when they are with us and we have to give them back and hope they get a good home.

    I so would foster but right now, this house is not 100% safe because there is still a lot of cleaning to do. But when we get the house at least MOSTLY safe, we more likely will be fostering again <3

    Good blog, as always. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete