Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rat-Tastic

 Today is a happy post! I am almost 100% positive my two dumbo girls I got a few weeks ago's breathing problems have gone away! Not only do they not sneeze anymore, but they don't wheeze or make those "barking" sounds I heard before. That makes me really happy, and I give the credit to the new bedding they are on. I was scared that they wouldn't last long (even compared to a normal rats life.) and was almost preparing myself to not get attached. However I did get attached, of course! I did everything I could to help their breathing, and the bedding change seems to have done the trick. I'm very happy they could overcome it.


Anyone who knows me, knows that my rats are like my babies. I never thought I could own another once my Sixx passed, but Kali had other ideas. I'm proud to say I rescued her, but I think her and Loki rescued me. I wasn't aware of how saddened I was.. Really. Bringing them home made me happy in ways I hadn't expected. 


It's funny when I hear stories of people being so incredibly disgusted of rats. Because I just want to smile at it. In my head, I'm usually thinking 'Well that's just too bad for you.' Because a rat brings a whole new level of loyal to the family. My rats, are more loyal than my dogs. Now, I'm not selling Oz and Spike short. My dog-babies are lovebugs. But there's something about owning a rat that helps you understand what I mean.


This was really just supposed to be a "yay my rats are better!" post. Apparently I got a little distracted and started rambling. Which is another thing I do when it comes to talking about something I love!



No comments:

Post a Comment