Thursday, May 10, 2012

Another day

 Life really gets busy once you start planning a wedding. Time just seems to fly and I have no time to catch up on anything it seems! Three days ago marked the two month until the wedding time frame. I'm increasingly nervous, because the last time I had as much attention, it was the birth of my son. I want to live up to expectations, and not have anyone be disappointed in the wedding. Though it's about what makes me happy, I don't want to bore the crap out of everyone. Lol. 


Well, I finally found some time to blog now that the termite situation is being taken care of. I feel a weight lifted off my shoulder, and another one placed on it. My ferret, Roxanne, I think has a blockage. I can't really afford to do surgery on her, so I'm hoping that it's the type that can be coaxed out on it's own. Losing my rat, Sixx, in April, and my Grandmother in January.. I just don't think I'm ready to handle another passing right now. So I'm hoping she pulls through. A very good friend of mine even donated a little, in order to help me just in case it is really bad. I am so blown away by her kindness.




For some good news of the day, I found a pit bull story that has been circulating all over the internet. With the title of "Dog saves woman from train" usually, it would be better suited as "Pit bull saves woman from train." Because if it had been an attack, I garauntee the type of dog it was would have been announced in the title, and people  jumping to condemn the breed. But this post isn't about the hatred of pit bulls, this post is about the story of a true hero. 


This 8 year old pit bull was adopted by a woman's son and it helped her curb her drinking addiction. They had been walking, and for some reason the woman passed out, and was unconscious on the train tracks. The dog knew she was in danger, and she was right. The train was making it's way right to the unconscious woman. The dog, Lilly, put herself in danger's way in order to pull her human from the tracks. Lilly managed to get her woman off the tracks, though not in enough time to pull herself free too. The dog was hit, "degloving" her front paw, and breaking her hip in a few different places. But the dog survived, miraculously. Rescuers had been called to the area, and when they showed, the dog was covered in blood. She still was guarding her human, scared they were going to hurt her. But she relented, and both dog and human were rushed to the hospital. Lilly is a hero. More stories like this, and the pit bull Kilo who saved his family from a home invasion despite being shot in the head, should be shown. One of the most loyal breeds, doing exactly what they've always been known to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment