Monday, May 14, 2012

Update!

 Things have, again, been very hectic in my life this week. As some of my friends know, I lost my rat Sixx to cancer on the 30th of March. He was an old guy, he lived about 3.5 years. His brother who was a beloved pet in another family, died two weeks before he did. It left a huge hole in my heart. But I was sure, that I would never get another rat since they don't live long. The pain of losing them is like that of losing a dog, or a cat. But with only a 10th of the lifespan. 


   Then a few days ago, I found out one of my ferrets was really sick with bloating in her abdomen. Though that was the only sign of her actually being sick, was the bloating. She has something wrong with her spleen, that only surgery would fix. It's a costly surgery, as well as there is no garauntee she won't be sick afterwards. So we decided, and boy was it a hard decision, to let her live out her life until her quality of life becomes bad. Once we think she's suffering, we are going to make a decision. But for now, she's happily snuggled next to her sister. I'm not sure what to do.. I know that ferrets can die of heartache, and these two have been together forever. I'm afraid of getting another ferret, because my girl is already 4 years old. It feels like I will create an endless loop of ferrets, since one will always be 4 years older than the other. It's a helpless feeling, because the only other thing I could do, would be to get her a new home with lots of other ferrets more her age. But that would mean giving up my girl, and.. I love her so much. I guess my question for myself, is if I love her so much, why won't I do what's best for her and get her that home she needs. But.. I feel animals should be taken in for life. Not bounced around from home to home, and we rescued these two before my son was born. I guess I'll just have to figure it out..




On a good side, I got two baby rats the other day. One of them I rescued, since she was far too small to be in a cage with adult sized ratties. Upon bringing her home, I realized that she needed a friend. Sixx had always lived alone, because he didn't like other rats in his cage and would beat them up. So I had forgotten they are a group creature. So I went back out, and got another little dumbo girl. Having them for a few days, I've realized I'm pretty sure they have respitory issues. The petstore where I saved them, says they offer a 14 day satisfaction garauntee and that they would replace sick pets. But.. I don't see them investing the time they should in helping these babies. They'd probably be written off as snake food at that point. So I've decided just to keep them, since I don't have the heart to take them somewhere that they will be put to death. 


Though in some other good news, I found my wedding dress! I did a lot of work these past few days. I have set up most of what I need, and I also have been making a list of the rest of stuff that's needed. Weddings are so freaking expensive! If I had realized this beforehand, I probably would have eloped LOL. But oh well, my dress is beautiful, and I am really excited to see my fiance's face when he sees it on me :)


Have a good monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment